Sean Malarkey is a successful entrepreneur, digital marketing expert, Twitter coach, blogger and social media author and speaker. As a Twitter educator, Sean has helped brands understand and maximize the power of Twitter. He then developed a business around it.
Just do it. You don’t have to do everything up front, just test the waters. – Sean Malarkey
Sean started giving away 5 tips to those on his email list, things that he has already published, packaged them up on a step by step guide to building a Twitter following. He then decided to write an e-book. In building a business, here are a few steps that Sean went through to build his business early on:
- Be proficient with all the networks and anything that one can consider you to be an expert on.
- Partnerships and relationships – they reached out to business owners to help them generate more sales using different platforms all for free.
- Have more case studies. It’s the methodology that has value in it.
- Have systems in place where the business will continue to function without you being in every single thing that needs to be done.
Sean’s One Idea
Sean had owned a company but did not feel like he was the owner but more as an employee. He soon realized that this was not the scenario that he wanted. He eventually discovered education or information marketing. 2007-2008 people were starting to sell digital content and digital information so he decided to explore this. Around this time, he got more into Twitter. He blogged every day for 30 days. Right away he was seen as an expert in this space.
Sean’s company is Inspired Marketing, a digital marketing and publishing company. They create, market, and sell published trainings that help entrepreneurs understand and learn different platforms where they can drive more traffic in leads and sales back into their businesses.
Lessons / Struggles
Sean was in a business relationship with partners that were older, dominant and were pretty set in their ways and although he owned the company he basically felt like an employee.
He took action, it wasn’t perfect… “Just do it. You don’t have to do everything up front, just test the waters.”
Create a welcome video to increase your subscriber list when someone visits your website.
5 Moves To Start A New Business
If he were to start another business today, he would concentrate on five are:
- Create a To-Do list notebook. (Start with the idea. Something that he really liked for himself)
- Market research on Facebook.
- Checked out would-be competitors.
- Checked out manufacturers.
- Guerilla marketing. (30 minutes a day)
Leading an Inspired Life by Jim Rohn
It’s inspired him to be a better person and all around better in everything.
Secret To Success
Just take action.