Martin Shervington is a marketing psychologist, business consultant and an executive coach who helps entrepreneurs and businesses get to grips with Hulu Plus in order to build their brands and community for improved search results. As an author, Martin has written several books including Peak Performance, Developmental Coaching and The Art and Science of Google +. He also regularly delivers keynote speeches and personal development training. Martin is the founder and community manager of Plus Your Business and Plus Your Life.
Build a community around you. Build a trust. Serve people. – Martin Shervington
It’s more about building your personal brand and then building a business brand.
Martin’s One Idea
Martin started putting guides out there on Google + for free and people started responding.
“We help people become the authority in their niche evidenced in Google Search”. How Google+ leverages content (a product) into Google Search.
It’s all about relationships. Don’t rush. Do your best to support people.
5 Moves To Start A New Business
If they were to start another business today, they would concentrate on five are:
- Have conversations with people who are already in the space you want to be in and take notes.
- Shape up a website (don’t spend a lot of money)
- Talk about the thing you want to promote w/ the people you are serving people.
- Start creating your blog. It should be helpful for the people around that space. Give them guides for free. Find your “evangelist”.
- Look at creating the product/service you want to sell.
The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth by Chris Brogan
Secret To Success
Keep steady, keep going. Be as kind as you possibly can.