Amy Porterfield is a successful social media strategist and speaker, she is the creator of FBinfluence and co-author of Facebook Marketing All-In-One for Dummies. She has been featured on Business Insider, The Huffington Post and Mashable as well as named Forbes Top 50 social media power influencers.
Prior to starting her own business, she worked alongside Tony Robbins heading up his content marketing team and spearheading large scale online campaigns.
Amy Porterfield was a successful Content Development Manager for the Tony Robbins Company making six figures and successfully helped the Tony Robbins Company create content that were used on their online program and on stage. After a life changing meeting (which she admittedly said, “I wasn’t really even part of it…”) she decided that she needed to look into and figure out how to be on her own and basically have more freedom. For her lifestyle and decisions on how she would want to run her own business.
“I was in the trenches with them, and I did not love it…It felt like a bunch of mini-Tony Robbins telling me what to do so I instantly knew that’s not what I wanted but I had to do that…for the experience…to figure out what I really wanted to do…” — Amy Porterfield
Amy’s One Idea
The thought of not having the freedom to call the shots, doing what she wanted to do and having her own time was hurting her more than her fear of being on her own as an entrepreneur. So with that, Amy gathered up her strength and knowledge to propel herself to being an entrepreneur.
Amy creates online training programs to help entrepreneurs, small businesses, people just getting started create a business by using online tools through mainly Facebook marketing.
- http://www.amyporterfield.com/ To sign up and learn how to build your email list with social media.
- This will help you get your Facebook friends come over to your business Facebook page.
- FB Influence 2.0 used to discover the secret system smart Facebook marketers are using.
- LeadPages helps when you’re collecting names and emails.
- Aweber is another recommended email marketing tool.
- Infusionsoft is used to simplify your marketing.
Amy’s NEW Course – Jump Start Your FB Marketing
Amy just released a new program, Jump Start Your Facebook Marketing and I’m excited to check it out! You can learn more about this brand new course by Amy at Jump Start Your FB Marketing.
Lessons & Struggles
- What was scary to me is leaving that all behind and not knowing if I was going to be able to create something that would make money.
- My time was his time. So basically, there was zero freedom in that and that was killing me a little bit every day. So that hurt more than the risk did, so that pretty much sent me to do what I wanted to do.
Rework: Most business books give you the same old advice: Write a business plan, study the competition, seek investors, yadda yadda. Rework shows you a better, faster, easier way to succeed in business.