Joshua Schukman is a Chief Inspiration Officer who equips cause-based entrepreneurs with resources and tools necessary to not only grow their movement and make the dollar but also make a difference. Besides hosting the voices of social change podcast where he interviews some of the world’s leading change agents, he writes on a number of topics including corporate social responsibility and volunteer work. When he’s not empowering entrepreneurs, Joshua is teaching students at the University of Kansas. Joshua is also the founder of Social Change Nation.
Sidepreneurs, if the 10x10x10 Matrix is too hard to follow, use the 2x2x2. Just get going and get started.
Joshua’s One Idea
Joshua realized overnight that he needed to use podcasting as an avenue to share his message and the insights of the people he was talking to.
Social Change Nation: Empowering Businesses That Make a Dollar & a Difference. They provide all the resources and tools for business that weave a social mission in with their economic mission.
Produce & PROMOTE – spend more time promoting
- 20/80 Rule (20% producing & 80% promoting your content)
- Your Calendar (1st week to produce content); (3 weeks to join conversations to spread the content)
- 10x10x10 Matrix (Contribute to 10 blog communities; be involved in 10 journalistic outlets; listen and support 10 podcasts.)
- Re-purpose, re-package & re-use content (Most Valuable)
- Lift others up.
5 Moves To Start A New Business
If he were to start another business today, he would concentrate on five areas:
- Ask people what they want and create a product around that
- Create a landing page for it
- Create an opt-in bribe
- Start collecting emails
- Start selling the product
- Reflect on the whole experience and repeat it (reflect, refine, repeat)
Out of Poverty by Paul Polak
Secret To Success
Be absolutely authentic.