This post was originally shared on Podcasters Paradise Private forum, but I wanted to share this with you as well!
Ok, so I just had a few AHAs about using Periscope for Podcasters and I had to share how individuals might want to use it for their podcast.
I’m on Periscope right now as I type this!
1. Connect with your audience – Talk about a genuine way to make interaction fun and exciting! I JUST met someone that listens to my podcast DAILY!!! Seriously?!? Definitely a great way to connect. I was also able to hang out with fellow podcaster Becca for a cool 15 minutes along with a bunch of other cool people I had never met. Awesome!
2. Behind the scenes – Access is such a prized thing these days… And if you let your audience know when you will stream live, you can give them that behind the scenes look they may want.
3. LIVE audience interaction… I know there are fancy applications available for use with podcasting platforms, but now you can LIVE stream your podcast while it is being recorded and where it makes sense… take audience questions. A huge opportunity if it makes sense for your format.
4. Content Development on the fly… As I write this I am able to get instant feedback from the audience about what I am writing. As I asked the audience on periscope just now… what else would you include in this post… Becca chimed in to say… Get more ideas on content your audience wants… BOOM!
5. Lead Digits… I haven’t used lead digits with my podcast yet for some crazy reason, but it instantly clicked that I could move my viewers easily by having a lead digit setup to quickly share an offer. I think Tim supports that ideas smile emoticon
Alright, so that’s a real quick take on Periscope for Podcasters…
Oh… for those not aware… Periscope: http://venturebeat.com/2015/04/28/more-than-a-million-people-signed-into-periscope-in-first-10-days/
What do you think? How could you use Periscope?