I love using LinkedIn & SoundCloud to Re:Purpose my podcast as it opens up my content to another stream of individuals and at the same time uses SoundCloud’s great looking player to create a nice experience. This is different than just creating a status update on LinkedIn and does create more engagement, which is great!
Below I have outlined the steps it takes to re:purpose my Sidepreneurs content onto LinkedIn using SoundCloud. Here is a downloadable PDF to share this easily with your VAs to help make it easier for them to know how to perform this task.
*There may be easier shortcuts to what I am doing (share if you’d like), but this is how I leverage LinkedIn to re:purpose my podcasts, while using the SoundCloud player code to create a visually appealing podcast post on LinkedIn.
- Login to your SoundCloud account
- Podcasts: Find your podcasts under tracks in SounCloud
- Click on profile image at top of SoundCloud navigation and then select ‘tracks’
- Share: Select the share button for the podcast you wish to syndicate
- Hover over the podcast you want to syndicate and icons will appear in the middle. Now the 4th one from the left is the share icon, so click that and a new window will pop up.
- Configuring; Configure and select the code for the LinkedIn post
- Click Embed
- Choose which view you wish to share, either…
- Large Image
- Side / Side
- Audio only
- Copy the code & preview code that is listed below the “Code & preview” title.
- Next, login to wp-admin of your website
- Select and click “edit” the podcast that matches the SoundCloud podcast code you captured earlier.
- Paste Code: While in the Text editor for the post, enter the copied code wherever you wish the SoundCloud Player to show.
- PREVIEW: Preview the edited post.* This will open a new window
*For the purposes of Sidepreneurs I already have a podcast player on Sidepreneurs and so I don’t want the SoundCloud Player showing up… Therefore, if you don’t want to include the SoundCloud code, then ONLY PREVIEW, otherwise save the changes and hit publish.
- Copy Text & Code: On the preview page select and copy all the text of the podcast, being sure you copy the SoundCloud player.
- Login to LinkedIn
- On your home profile in LinkedIn, select “Publish a post”
- Photo: Upload an appropriate and interest image to compliment your podcast topic. Images CONVERT much better across all platforms, so be sure to include an image.
- Make sure you are aware of LinkedIn’s recommendations and image restriction by size and size of file… They clearly state the optimal image size is 698×400
- Headline: Next, write an interesting headline to capture the attention of your LinkedIn readers. This should not be a direct copy of the show title used on Sidepreneurs, i.e. no episode #s or guest name, unless it creates interest with the post.
- Copied Code: NOW, paste in the copied text and player you have stored from the Sidepreneurs preview page.
- CTA: The original podcast post may not have a CTA (call to action) going back to the website or podcast, so be sure to include one.
- Tagging: Don’t forget to add up to 3 tags / keywords your podcast post represents.
- Publishing: Once you have reviewed everything click Publish
- Engagement: Once the post on LinkedIn has published, be sure to keep the engagement going and respond to any comments and feedback.
- Final Published Post: Here is what your re:purposed post might look like when completed- https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/your-business-sellable-shawn-manaher
Want to connect on LinkedIn?
Here is my profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnmanaher and email to enter if asked: shawn @ sidepreneurs.com.